17 in stock (can be backordered)
Danish Oil containing only pure natural tung oil, used and proved for protection over hundreds of years. This is a top quality product of that there is no doubt, and you get more for your money compared to some other well known brands, because to-date Bestwoods is the only product with 50%+ solids and does not comprise any synthetic or modified resins or varnish*. It is naturally water, food and alcohol resistant, whilst being food safe when dry and certified EN71 toy safe.
For finishing arrows i personally love this stuff because:
- It dries in 4-6 hours per coat.
- It has a low odour when drying, and none when dry.
- It penetrates into all the wood, nourishing and protecting.
- It gives an attractive natural low sheen finish enhancing the natural beauty of wood.
- It is dirt resistant and is naturally water/fluid resistant.
- It can be reapplied with ease for continued protection.
- It does not leave a surface film and unlike varnish will not chip, flake, crack or peel.
*Generally in the UK Danish Oils are mainly Tung and/or Linseed based, although some use only vegetable oils and synthetic varnishes. Solids content of the best known brands is usually around 30-40%. In America as in other countries there are a number of manufacturers who combine all sorts of natural and synthetic varnish, resins, and oils including mineral, tung, linseed, poppy, cotton, sunflower, white spirit, naptha, driers, anti-skin agents and other junk whilst calling it ‘Danish Oil’! The actual non-evaporating ‘solids’ content of these products can be as low as 10%.