The Ludlow Hart has to be one of the finest reproductions in the collection. The Hart is located in St. Laurence’s Church, Ludlow, on a main central carving of the original medieval misericord which has dogs as the two supports. The original carving is in very good condition for being almost six hundred years old! The reproduction captures all the fine detail of the original and shows the remarkable skills of the craftsmen that carved this animal.
The Hart is the symbol of Richard II. Executed between 1433 – 1470 when work was carried out during a major rebuilding project to the church which saw an extended chancel and the height of the nave increased.
- Fitted with a D-ring for hanging.
- Approximately 18 cm wide by 20 cm high.