The GT-PRO16 series includes 16 strand Flemish twist Single Loop bow strings served for wooden arrows and intended as an old school English Longbow string, but you may want one to assay the brace height of any type of bow you own, or are making and yet unsure of some of the particulars – to use such a string you will have to learn how to tie a bowyers knot if you do not know already.
Built for speed, stability and a quiet shock free shot; yet still retain a breaking strain of a 1000+ lb. Custom made by hand with care, from the highest quality fast flight/spectra materials available on the market today for low creep. Each bow string is triple waxed throughout the build process, pre-stretched before serving and then served under 200lb+ of tension with a nylon material specifically designed for the needs of traditional archers.
Shire Archery in collaboration with GT brings a sound knowledge and expert touch to all our hand crafted bow strings, which are made here in the UK. Please leave in the order note any pertinent bow details such as the make & model, exact bow length nock to nock or poundage on the fingers. You may like to send in a photo of the longbows details via email or details your old string, its loop size*** and the string length on the bow or even send it in to us. All is of great advantage to custom making your string. If you have any questions or need any help do not hesitate to ask.
- Made to a length suitable for bows upto 80″, the strings max out at approx. 86″ but be aware you need approximately 2″ tie off for the 2nd loop; the shorter your bow the more tail string you can have. So a 78″- 80″ ELB is probably the max with a little tail, (to make longer strings a much longer board is needed).
- 16 strand Speed Flight – BCY 652.*
- Served with .025 Super Serving**.
- Available in any colour combination available.
- All strings are pre-stretched, served under load & waxed ready for use.
- Please allow 10 working days to manufacture plus shipping from date of placing your order.
*Please be aware these are high performance materials for fast and high-quality bows. Because a lot more energy is passed onto the bow and arrow than with Dacron bow strings. Make sure your bow will accept Fast Flight materials, if you are unsure ask us and we will endeavour to find out for you or request a Dacron string which are available in limited colours.
**Serving fits standard nock sizes – if you use wooden arrows with odd nocks or self nocks let us know and we will serve for the larger nocks on your advise or a sample.
*** The maximum size loops we can make are 3″.
|Bow Length - Nock Slot to Nock Slot||
45" -, 45", 46", 47, 48", 49", 50", 51", 52", 53", 54", 55", 56", 57", 58", 59", 60", 61", 62", 63", 64", 65", 66", 67", 68", 69", 70", 71", 72", 73", 74", 75", 76", 77", 78", 80", 80" +
|Poundage @ 28"||
Under 40 lbs, 40-55 lbs, 55-70 lbs, 70+ lbs
|String Colour 1|
|String Colour 2|